Sunday, March 1, 2015

Snap Challenge: Failure!

03/01/2015

So as many of you know I tried the Snap Challenge last month, what you may have guessed from the title is that I failed. I am not devastated over this fact though, for a couple reasons.

Reason #1- If you have extra money than your less likely to take the challenge super seriously, not that I didn't try but that I did give into wants and cravings because at the end of the day I had money to pay for those things.

Reason #2- As I have been saying SNAP stands for SUPPLEMENTAL Nutrition Assistance Program. It is not designed to cover the average recipient's complete grocery bill, however some people CAN make it stretch if they are thrifty, couponers, hunters, etc.

Reason #3- I am not a chef. Although I am an adult I was never taught to cook, so I don't know how to make a delicious meal out of just about anything... in fact there are many ingredients I don't even know how to use/cook!

Reason #4- I am sure someone COULD live healthily on just SNAP. Given the amount I pay for lettuce, which is super healthy and all the fruit/veggies I have found cheap I know it could be done. The fact I didn't do it equates to me not having the will power to do it, it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Due to my reason #4 I think in the future I will do the SNAP challenge for a shorter time period. Trying to change my diet abruptly and maintain that change for a month was too much for me and my husband, but I think a week would work to show it is possible. What do ya'll think?

No comments:

Post a Comment