Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Walgreens discontinued Ology

09/29/2015

A few weeks ago I ranted about how Walgreens discontinued the Ology toilet paper, the only toilet paper we have used in our house in the last two years. Well guys, they didn't just discontinue the toilet paper. Walgreens has discontinued their WHOLE Ology line.

This was pulled from Walgreens website:


I choose to live well, therefore I choose Ology.

Everyday products free of harmful chemicals are a little way to start a big change. Let Ology be a part of your happy, healthy home.

The Ology Mission

We believe in living life well and making positive choices. That means avoiding toxic ingredients. It means seeking out sustainable raw materials and including natural ingredients. It's all about leaving behind a healthier, happier world for our children and grandchildren.

Ology products do not contain these harmful chemicals.
  • Ammonia
  • Chlorine bleach
  • DEA (diethanolamine)
  • TEA (triethanolamine)
  • Parabens
  • Phthalates
  • Formaldehyde
  • Nonylphenol ethoxylates
  • Triclosan
  • SLS/SLES
  • Plus, no dyes or artificial fragrances.

100% Tree-Free                                         No Animal Testing                       Cost Friendly & Effective
Ology paper products are made                 We don't test on animals               Affordable products that 
from fast-growing sugar cane husk            or use animal byproducts.               work.
and bamboo.


Now nowhere on the website or in a press release have I found anything from Walgreens admitting they have discontinued this line. Even online as of today, September 29, 2015, I still see all of this advertising stating how much Walgreens cares about the welfare of the planet, animals, and consumers, yet they discontinued their green line and in the Walgreens stores near me there are no other green options to replace Ology!

This post to call attention to the fact Walgreens used this line to generate goodwill and publicity for their company! I was elated when I found this line, it made it easy for people to be environmentally friendly, and to get healthier products for their home and families!


I hope if your reading this that you share it, make it a blog, vlog, post, etc! Walgreens should receive backlash for discontinuing this line just as they received positive press when they made the right decision by starting this line! When our only choices are bad for our health and the environment we ALL lose, right now the only products at the Walgreens near me are bad. I believe every store should stock healthy, environmentally friendly options. Please share this, and if you can't or don't use social media then just write in to Walgreens!





6 comments:

  1. I was so upset, I only buy my allergy pills at Walgreens now. I loved Ology, I don't understand why they stopped selling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The all purpose cleaner is the only one I could not only tolerate, but LOVED because it made my whole smell like patchouli. I don't even want to clean my house anymore. The only reason I didn't know the line was discontinued sooner is because I purchased 4 bottles of it online - and it just ran out. Shame on you Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m in tears months later still because they have not brought it back. Nothing compares to that soap. )’:

    ReplyDelete
  4. They still have the liquid body washes, why did they discontinue the bar soap,I wish some one would care to explaine ,that was the only soap that helped with my little girls eczema.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's near the end of 2023 and I just ran out of my last bottle of Ology Bathroom Cleaner. It really is 'Tough on Soap Scum' and the only bathroom cleaner I've found that thoroughly and easily got the bathroom clean. And, without triggering a reaction.
    The back label shows, 'Distributed by: Walgreens'. So who developed this? Is it possible their formula is out there under another brand name? I'm sure going to check.

    As a chemically sensitive individual, I can't imagine such a fine product line has been ripped from the market.

    ReplyDelete