Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dollar Store Steals

10/06/2013
IMG_1771.jpg
As the title implies I was recently at the dollar store for the first time in a LONG time! I was killing time waiting for the animal shelter to open so I decided to look for some of the best bargains, here is what I found:

  • (2) New Choice Pregnancy Test
  • Container
  • Eye Mask
  • Measuring cups and spoons
  • Usb Cable
  • (4) Makeup bags
  • Dog Shampoo
  • Picture
  • Skinnutrients Set
  • Rimmel eye shadow palette
  • Facial scrub
  • Leash
  • USB adapter (car)

As stated I bought all of these items at the Dollar store, more specifically the Dollar Tree, so each of them were just $1.

For a car charger for my Iphone it costs at least $13, this adapter allows me to utilize my current charger in my car for only $1.

Rimmel sells for at least $5 in stores, this one was just $1. It is also one of the better store brands.

Pregnancy Tests Retail for around $5+ per test, at the dollar store they are only $1 per test! The dollar store tests are also very accurate and since they are cheap you can take more than one if you need to reassure yourself!

The Measuring Cups and Spoons come in white and black. Since my dog got ahold of some from my last set I decided I would just buy a whole new set, all for $1! You can spend much more on colored "fun" sets, but the dollar ones work great and save money!

You can NEVER have enough USB cables or leashes, so I grabbed one. For a dollar why not?

My FAVORITE find was the makeup bags. They came in great patterns and they are super cute. After leaving the store I realized they are also a great gift idea. For $1 you can't go wrong with these. My mom picked me up four more, even though I had only asked for two! These are great, because you really never have enough makeup bags! I have four and between all my makeup and my nail polish it still wasn't enough! These little bags are also great if your going on a trip to put the travel size toiletries in! 

The dog shampoo actually wasn't something I was planning on buying. I spoil my dogs a little bit and I like to make sure what I'm giving them is a good product. Unfortunately at the moment they don't have ANY shampoo so I figured shampoo formulated for dogs is better than my shampoo.

Skinnutrients isn't a brand I am familiar with, however when I saw a complete skincare set for $3 I couldn't pass it up. The parts are sold individually for a dollar each with step 1, 2, and 3. It has a facial wash, clarifying lotion, and then a moisturizer. If this is a great skincare line then I will be thrilled, if not it was $3 to try out!

Since I spoil my dogs they have MANY treats. To avoid the treats getting hard or going stale I needed a container for them and I would rather a dog specific container rather than using my dishes, voila for a dollar I got a plastic doggy paw print container!

Many of the pictures at the dollar store look cheap, this one I don't think does! I like it alot actually, and where else can you find a decorative picture for $1?

The eye mask I bought is cute! I love zebra print, and since I have a hard time sleeping unless the room is pitch black it also should help! In addition to sleep I can think of other ways it could be creatively used ;)

The last item on my list was the facial scrubber. Exfoliating is very important and these should gently exfoliate to get rid of dirt, impurities and blackheads!



Although I'm not a frequent dollar store customer I will say I think I saved quiet a bit by buying these products here rather than anywhere else. The dollar store sometimes means sacrificing quality for quantity but there are MANY items that are as good or better quality in the dollar store, after all I picked up RIMMEL there! So next time you are driving past a dollar store and have some free time then stop in and see what deals you can find!

2 comments:

  1. I felt like I had discovered a gold mine the first time I went to dollar tree LOL I don't buy food there but I buy almost everything else there and it saves me a lot of money e.g. body wash that goes for $2+ at walmart is only a dollar. Btw, your pictures show up as broken links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to waste money at the dollar store with my first job. I loved to buy things so with my last ten dollars I'd spend it at the dollar store on random junk. For a while I stopped going but I go again now because there are great deals, but there is also junk so you need to be able to tell the difference! Thanks for your comment, I will fix the pictures.

    ReplyDelete