Sunday, October 20, 2013

DIY Picture Frame

10/18/2013

I found a picture frame at a yard sale for less than fifty cents. I liked everything but the pink color, however I figured I would either accept it or spray paint it. I found a better solution.... 

Before:IMG_5295.jpg AfterIMG_2420.jpg


Much better once I colored it right? Sharpie's are super cheap, less than $2 for a sharpie. This is a cheap way to change the look of a metal frame, I haven't tried the sharpie on other surfaces but I'm sure it would work just as well. The sharpie doesn't rub off at all and I think it looks great!

My husband laughed at me when I told him I was coloring. He asked "How old are you", well what do ya'll think of my coloring? In the future I plan on picking up more cheap frames to redo.

10/20

I have to admit, it's a little bit sad how proud I am of this. This is probably my first every DIY project, and yes it was just coloring with a sharpie but it turned out great! I'm very afraid of messing things up, so I'm more timid when it comes to DIY its nice to see my first project turn out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment