Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snap Challenge Week 3 Groceries

02/17/2015

As you may know, this past weekend we were out of town for my husband's work... which meant eating out. When we got back we went grocery shopping, a few days after I normally would have. Since we went shopping on a Sunday we didn't get many good deals, which turned into me not picking up much food.

What I DID get:
bananas
Oranges
Red Potatoes
Lunch Meat x3
Cream Cheese
Gal of Milk
Diced Ham ($1.50)
Steak
Cereal x2
Whole Grain Bread
Hamburger Buns
4 Salsa's ($1 each!!)

I spent $42 total and to be honest I may have forgotten a thing or two I got since we were shopping on the way back from our trip, and I was with my husband. I have $58 left for the month, and it is only the 17th. I did just get groceries, but its only about 1/2 way through the month.

SNAP is meant to be supplemental, in my opinion it would take work to be able to buy all groceries just off of snap, mostly good cooking skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment