Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cleaning out my fridge!

02/04/2015

I decided to clean out my fridge today because it was LONG overdue...It was pretty gross to be perfectly honest, hence the lack of images. Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't full of rotten foods and questionable moldy leftovers! My fridge just had some spots where something dripped (berry juice) and liquified AND crumbs, EWW!

Although I cleaned my fridge so it would be, well, clean; that wasn't my only motivation! Since I'm doing the SNAP challenge my grocery budget is only $200 this month. We do have quiet a bit of food waste, and I really can't afford that this month... especially since some of my grocery choices turned out to be not so tasty!

I have a bunch of groceries bought 2 weeks ago that need eaten asap. It is almost all fruits and veggies, so you know what I'm going to do? JUICE!
I have a cantelope, carrots, celery, peppers, spinach, and pomegranate that are about to turn, so juicing is perfect. It will give me a nutrient rich drink and save all the food from going to either the chickens or the compost pile!

HERE is a not great image of my cleaned out fridge. I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize my fresh foods so I see them and make sure to eat them before they turn! This time I put most on the top shelf, then all salads are lined up on the 2nd, and the drawers at the bottom are full!

No comments:

Post a Comment