Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Burt's Bees Brightening Facial Cleanser Review

07/01/2015

Burt's Bees is a line I used to absolutely love and trust, then Clorox bought them out... and now they aren't a line I trust as much; EWG's skindeep database rates their line from a 0-6 risk level as far as harmful chemicals that are present in their line. This particular product hasn't been reviewed by them yet.

There are many things I like about this product:
1. This is made in the USA
2. 98.7% Natural
3. No Parabens or Phthalates
4. No Animal Testing
5. Containers made with 50% recycled content

I got this product on clearance for just .99, along with others. For .99 I would totally recommend this product, but for the retail price of $7.99 I can't.

I use the facial cleanser almost everyday. It is my current shower cleanser. I actually do like the scent, I'm guessing it is the daisy. It leaves my face feeling clean a few minutes after using it, but while and immediately after using it it burns; Now it doesn't burn horribly, but a burning sensation isn't something I appreciate! Some other people who have reviewed this product complained of it being more like a lotion, and making their skin oily. My personal experience with this product is that it has a creamy consistency, which I find pleasant. My skin is mixed, I have an oily T-zone but otherwise my skin isn't. I have found this product didn't cause my skin to feel more oily and I actually used moisturizer after to calm my skin after the burning sensation which was worse when I first started using the product than now.

Overall this is NOT a bad product, but there are MANY choices when it comes to a facial cleanser. If you find it on clearance like I did it is 100% worth it, but for retail price I'd go with another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment