Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Baby on a $1,000 Budget!

06/10/2015

I have discussed budgeting for baby before, but this post will be explaining what that $1,000 is meant to pay for and then accounting to you all what I have bought, spent, and hopefully bringing home baby on $1,000 or less.

My goal is to have the nursery set up and be completely baby ready for just $1,000. According to an older article (2011) from justmommies.com this cost should be between $1,685 to $4,625 and I came up with a figure around $5,000 using a baby cost calculator and this is just to set up the home and have clothes for the first 3 months!!

Here is a list of my must haves:
3 Hoodie Towels 
3 Sleep Sacks
20-30 Cloth Diapers
40-60 Diaper Inserts
Wipes
Cornstarch
Baby Wash, Sunscreen, and Lotion
Toys
Books
Crib
Crib Mattress
9 Cube Organizer
4 Cubes
14 Outfits size 0-3
7 nighttime gowns size 0-3
Burp Cloths
hat
socks
Baby Blanket
Rocking Chair
Carseat
Stroller
High Chair
Pack n' Play
changing pad
3 changing pad covers
waterproof mattress protector
4+ fitted sheets
Diaper Genie
Diaper Bag with portable changing pad
Baby Bath
Breast Pump
Breastmilk storage
Breastfeeding Pillow
Shopping Cart Cover
Rug
Curtains
Infant hangers
Decorations
Mobile
Washrags
Carrier
Carseat Head Support

The items italicized on the list are things I have already bought cheap or things that have been promised/gifted to us. I haven't had my baby shower yet either! The most expensive things I have yet to buy will be the cloth diapers which will be a couple hundred!


Anything important I'm forgetting?

No comments:

Post a Comment