Saturday, April 5, 2014

Kmart: One of the best CLEARANCE stores around!

04/05/2014

It seems for many people the name Kmart brings up images of inferior goods, expensive goods, dingy lighting, horrible displays, and bad customer service. Most people I talk to always dismiss Kmart offhand, but don't be so quick to judge!

I had never shopped at Kmart prior to working there, in fact, I don't even think we have Kmarts where I am from! I was looking for a job during my summer off from college and since all of my experience is in the food service industries I decided I would look for a retail job, living in a small town the options were limited and Kmart was hiring. I applied and was hired. I don't think Kmart is anyone's dream job, if for no reason other than the pay... don't get me wrong I enjoyed working there, and I don't consider jobs as being beneath me at all, but if given the choice between Kmart and say Hollister, I would have taken Hollister (employee discount ya'll)!

Working there I got to see all the merchandise everyday, and found out really quickly how many good deals can be found there.... unfortunately I often spent quiet a bit of my check there too!! The bad thing about Kmart is you will buy things you don't NEED, the good thing? You will find things you WANT for a LOW price! I went today, I got a couple of things on clearance.

Purses $2.99

Hats .99

 Cat Toys (90% off)
Robe $3.99
Shirts $3.99
Screws .30/baggie
Roller Blades $4.00

I got a couple of other small things but really the Roller Blades alone are worth $37 each, I bought two pair so that is more than my total! I just got Roller blades and they go from cheap at $37 all the way to over a hundred! While some of their prices are high I don't think average they are super high priced, they also have sales which is when I stock up on canned dog food because they do the big can of Pedigree for $1 each.

I'm not huge one posting about stores but since this one has so much bad "press" I think I should blog and say "give it a chance"!

Oh, and as far as customer service... It can't be too bad, I worked there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment