Monday, November 26, 2012

Petition for a Change

11/26/2012

Unfortunately change in my house is moving slower than I had expected. I already have a trash can full of trash and a bag full of recyclables! I'm learning more and more about what actually gets recycled and what is most damaging to the environment.

I have always cared about the environment and a few years ago I was very active on a site called Care2.com this is a petition site. I have always focused on the animal/environmental petition but they have petitions in a range of subjects.

I have rejoined and am signing petitions. I want to create a ban or tax on plastic bags in my city and hopefully nearby cities when I think the time is appropriate where it will get enough attention. I can't believe the U.S. is trailing other countries in so many areas and hugely in our environmental impact!

So from this point on I will be signing at least one petition a week, and if I can't sign that week I will make up for it the next! My voice will be heard in politics, I live in a democracy! From now on I will also be featuring a worthy petition every month on my blog, if you have a feature worthy one let me know. It starts in December!


No comments:

Post a Comment