Saturday, November 24, 2012

and the reason is you

11/24/2012

I watched yet another documentary today, surprising right? But the things I learn and question well watching these documentaries is astronomical. Every one I watch changes me, my way of thinking, and a kind of enlightenment happens. I know that just because someone says something in a documentary doesn't make it fact, but it does cause me to pause, think about it, and research it later.

I've always wanted to change the world, to leave it better than I found it. I'm finally taking steps to do that, but its no longer for me. I was pregnant a while back and miscarried. I've always had a strong maternal instinct and now I know of hidden dangers lurking around even the seemingly most innocent corners. Now that I know more about the world we live in to me its frustrating that others don't want to learn and resist even the slightest change.
           In the documentary No Impact Man, the family was verbally assaulted both in person and online and people acted so hateful to them... now that I'm going eco friendly I can tell it makes people uncomfortable, even my family at Thanksgiving made a joke about using plastic and Styrofoam  its not eco friendly but hey I don't have to wash it. People are uncomfortable with change, so they generally don't want to learn why they should change, its easier to sweep it under the rug.

I care about nature, the creatures we share this world with, but mostly I care about my baby, even though they aren't a part of this world yet. The choices I am making right now are effecting them none the less! Every piece of trash I send to a landfill will sit there for years, pilling up and eventually leaching into our oceans! Every thing I buy sends a message. The more people buy a product the more of that products gets made, its the laws of supply and demand. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the fresh local humane food, not the food from factories that abuse the animals and use a bunch of hormones and pesticides on our food!

It's not easy to change but I'm committed to changing, taking small baby steps for a better world. I'm committed to changing for my baby, for every baby out there, and all the innocents that get affected daily by our choices, the creatures, the plant life, things that humans have oft drove to extinction. We need to take responsibility, if not for ourselves than for our children!

newbornDeer Deer Deer

   

No comments:

Post a Comment