Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NO H8

03/27/2013


I try really hard to keep this Blog on topic but we are about to go off topic. I have a lot of things that matter to me that I could be considered passionate about at one point or another. I have always been of the opinion that love is the most important thing. Since I was a little girl all I have wanted was to fall in love, get married, have children, and give my family the world. All I wanted was my life filled with love.

With love being so important to me you all should have guessed by now that I support gay marriage. I don't see how love is a bad thing whether it is between a man and man or a man and a women. My senior year of high school I took speech class and gave a speech on gay rights. Before that speech I supported gay marriage but I didn't really feel like it was a major issue, I never knew how many rights gay couples are denied by being denied the right to marry.

In researching for my speech I came across a story of a gay couple that had been together over 20 years, when one of them wound up in the hospital fatal, that hospital wouldn't allow their partner back to see them because they had a "family only" policy. You can read a similar story here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/health/19well.html?_r=0

The Supreme Court is considering Proposition 8 currently which denied gays the right to marry. The Justices have the power to grant sweeping equality and I'm all for that. I'm married to the man of my dreams and I want everyone to be able to marry the person of their dreams man or women.


 Today I did a small photo op for the NO H8 campaign, please if you support equality and gay rights do the same. There are several celebrities, public officials, and others who have taken part and had fun with this, just google it =)
 Show your support, write your senator and congressman, sign petitions, participate in a demonstration.

No comments:

Post a Comment