Thursday, March 10, 2016

Rhea Lana's 1/2 Off Haul

03/10/2016

Hey y'all,

It has been about two weeks since I've posted because I've been super busy with some new things I've got going on (more on those later but they are super exciting). Well, my baby is growing like a weed! She recently turned three months old and she wears 9 months in some things... she is cloth diapered so that adds some bulk but dang, my little girl is growing so fast!

In a very short time our little girl went through THREE clothing sizes. We had some 9 months clothes, since I am a bargain shopper and will buy ahead when I find cute things on clearance, but not a whole wardrobe for her... enter Rhea Lana's, problem solved!

I really was only planning on getting her 5 more pieces of clothing, I came home with 21.

 I'm in love with easy outfits, as is my husband. We like things that are easy to put on, take off, and do diaper changes in. These all fit the bill on that, they are super cute, and it only cost my $5 total for all three! The first was $2, and the other two were only $1.50. These all look BRAND new, so much so that I'm not really even sure that they were ever actually worn.
 So I'm in love with this swimsuit. Normally it isn't the kind of thing I'd buy used (like underwear, bras, etc)... but it is for a baby. It will be washed and I'm not having to really worry about someone nasty having worn it before, in fact it doesn't even look like it was ever worn. My baby actually does have 2 other swimsuits that were given to use by my husbands coworker, but they weren't really my style. This is like a mermaid/ballerina swimsuit and I think it is totally adorable, and best of all it was only $2.75!

One of my best finds was probably the Children's Place skirt, brand new WITH tags so there is no speculating on this one. I don't mind used clothes because it can save money, it is environmentally friendly, and you can find super cool and unique pieces that aren't in stores anymore, but I think just about everyone in the world likes new clothes.

I went with my mom and my daughter. We were hoping to find the Rhea Lana's gift certificates they had hidden throughout the store. No luck finding those, but we did get 26 items for just $61. Of the items bought they were all clothing, and and 21 of them were for my daughter and the other 5 were for my nieces. Of the 5 my mom bought for her other granddaughters (my nieces), the total on just those 5 was $19.75.

$61.25 - $19.75   = $41.50
(Total- Nieces = Daughters)

Going on half off day we saved $41.25 on our purchases. Not everything on half off day IS half off though, anything with a red dot on the tag is NOT half off. The consignors get to chose if they want to participate in half off day or not. Of everything we bought there were only 3 items that we selected and decided to purchase that weren't half off: the brand new skirt, a dress for my niece, and one of my daughters dresses.

The average price I spent on my daughters items were $2/each, given that just about everything I purchased is in PRISTINE condition and many items I think are probably new without tags (I've washed some clothes my baby never got a chance to wear so I'm sure other momma's have also) I'm really happy with my haul.

If you wanna check out a Rhea Lana's in your area just look at their webpage or facebook page. 1/2 off day is the last two days of their sale so things are more picked through but you can still find overlooked gems... I found quiet a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment