Friday, November 20, 2015

November Ipsy Bag

11/20/2015

Sometime in September I signed up for Ipsy, a beauty subscription service. Ipsy is $10 a month and sends out a package once a month with some beauty samples including makeup, nail polish, skin care, makeup tools, and I believe sometimes even perfume.

This is my first Ipsy bag. When you sign up for Ipsy it is a rather aggravating process, you get put on a waitlist and repeatedly emailed about sharing about Ipsy on your social media accounts in order to skip the wait. I opted not to share their posts to skip the wait since I didn't want to endorse a product/service that I haven't even tried.

Here is what I got in my November Ipsy bag:

Every month Ipsy sends a bag with 5 deluxe size samples or full sized products. This month the Ipsy bag is space themed, and in my opinion ugly!

This month included in the bag was:

  • Tucker Ashley Moisturizer
  • Sinful Colors Nail Polish (full sized)
  • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
  • Trestique Lip Crayon
  • Beaute Basics Eye Crayon
Out of those 5 products I'm only familiar with 2 of the brands: Sinful and Smashbox.

Smashbox is a better beauty brand, but the product included in the bag isn't one of their best items.

Sinful Nail Polish was the only full sized product in the bag. I do like the colors that Sinful puts out, but I'm not a huge nail polish fan and this isn't the best nail polish anyway. I have seen these nail polishes on sale for either $1 or $1.99.

Tucker Ashley Moisturizer is a product that I actually like. The moisturizer doesn't make your face oily at all, but provides some nourishment/moisture to your skin. There is no scent in the product.

The Trestique Lip Crayon is my favorite product in the bag, because it is something new; I've never tried a lip crayon before but think it might be one of my favorite beauty products once I find the right color/brand. I do like this but it isn't a color I'd buy on my own, and I also feel like there are probably better brands/formulas.

The Beaute Basics Eye Crayon came in a lovely gold color, when I first got it I didn't think it would compliment my lighter skin tone but upon trying it on I have to say that I think this color actually would look good on women of ANY skin tone! I was happy with the color but I'm not a fan of eye crayons personally and would never buy them on my own, as they aren't the best to apply.


I have to admit, getting the Ipsy bag in the mail with no idea what is inside is exciting... but I'm not sure if it is worth it or not. Over the course of a year the Ipsy subscription is $120; I know many women who drop $120 in a single shopping trip on makeup, I'm not one of them though. Ipsy is supposed to pick your products around a quiz you take about your beauty style and based on reviews you leave. I made sure to review every product on the website so that hopefully next month and going forward I won't get anymore nail polishes (rarely use them) or eye crayons! I am planning on trying Ipsy out for a few months and we will see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment