Saturday, February 15, 2014

New DIY Countertop under $800

02/15/2014

On one of my favorite sites I have been talking about my new house. I am super excited about becoming a home owner for the first time and I have a million and one ideas for our new space.

One of the things on my to-do list is the countertops throughout the house; the ones in the master bath are truly awful! If you are a frequent reader of my blog you might recall a semi recent blog post I did about counter top choices under $500. On my list was tile countertops, however the picture that I had was nothing like this.


Don't get me wrong. I liked the other tile countertops too, and that DIY diva did a great job on them. For my cabinets however, I think that this would work better... not to mention the colors are perfect! I will probably have something VERY similar. I have been looking at backsplashes similar to theirs for weeks!

I first came across the idea of large tiles for countertops as a cheaper alternative to granite countertops. You can install a granite tile countertop at 1/5 of the price for slab granite countertops. You can also get colored grout so there aren't such obvious grout lines.

For me having granite isn't a big deal so I'm not as worried about what type of tile I use. Mine may wind up being a twinkie to the picture above which is curtesy of Jess from Kentucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment