Wednesday, September 30, 2015

$50 Grocery Haul Week 2

09/30/2015

A little while ago my husband challenged me to limit my grocery spending to just $50 a week, I accepted and this week I have to say it was EASY! We still have a stockpile of food from before the challenge started, so the grocery items I'm picking up every week are in no way the only foods we are eating this week.

My total for this week was around $35

Kroger
Macaroni Salad $1.25
Potato Salad      $1.25
Yogurt               $2.89
Popcorn Chk     $0.79
Baked Beans     $1.49
Sirloin               $6.87
Org Romaine    $0.99
Org Baby Bella $0.99  x4
Total:                $19.55

Dollar General
Milk                   $3.69
Mini Wheaties   $2.00  x3
Hot Cheetos       $2.50
Total:      abt     $15.00

Again this is not at ALL enough food for two people for a week. I have snacks, breakfasts, and two dinners. The food this week is all supplemental to what we have in the freezer, fridge, and cupboards; In the future shopping trips will get harder to stay around the $50 mark since our current resources will dwindle.

Everything purchased from Kroger this week with the exception of the Yogurt was manager's specials!


No comments:

Post a Comment