Friday, November 20, 2015

Natural Ways to Induce Labor

11/20/2015

I am 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I'm ready for her to be here.

I've had a fairly easy pregnancy until recently, now my stomach is just too big and its really painful for the stretching as she is getting bigger and bigger in there. Her health is obviously paramount, but at this point everything points towards her being healthy if she is born... therefore I'm ready to evict her!

There are many natural ways that are suggested to be effective at inducing labor, many are probably wives tales but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try a couple.






Natural Ways to Induce Labor

  • Walking
  • Dancing
  • Bouncing on a Yoga Ball
  • Sex (Orgasms AND male semen)
  • Eating a LOT of Pineapple
  • Raspberry Leaf Tea
  • Cohosh (wouldn't recommend this one)
  • Nipple Stimulation
  • Massage
  • Acupuncture/Acupressure
  • Spicy Foods
  • Evening Primrose Oil
  • Castor Oil   (wouldn't recommend this one)
I personally have tried a couple of the above methods and am so far pregnant and as far as I can tell not in labor, although I do think she has dropped down some more. I've tried walking, bouncing, sex, nipple stimulation, and acupressure.

Some women swear by these methods so I'm not sure if it is just that I am not doing them long enough, if they only work for some women, etc. I'm going to continue trying these methods and hopefully we will be greeting a healthy beautiful baby girl soon!

Have any of you tried any of these methods? If you have do you think they worked/helped?



No comments:

Post a Comment